HMD Global is the new home of Nokia phones and tablets. We are a start-up forging new ground in the dynamic world of mobile phones. We are a collective of passionate and experienced people with one thing in common; we believe that technology can enhance and improve the lives of billions of people around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Channel Planning and Logistics Manager
- Our Customer Logistics team is looking for a highly passionate and inspiring supply chain professional to effectively drive new innovations in the areas of planning, customer collaboration, distribution and order-to-cash. Location of the role is Lagos, Nigeria.
- As a Channel Planning and Logistics Manager, the candidate is expected to creatively design solid channel operations processes as well as work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders throughout Sub Saharan Africa to achieve customer logistics priorities in line with business requirements. The geographical focus will be West, East and Central Africa.
- The candidate should have a deep understanding of Global Operators, distribution partners and their business models. This professional should have proven experience in supply chain fundamentals such as customer relationship management, inventory management (VMI), allocation management and logistics network optimization.
- Drive optimal in-stock and inventory weeks of supply to maximize revenue opportunities, ensure on-shelf presence and mitigate returns exposure
- Ensure that Channel Health metrics are understood and actioned accordingly, including root cause investigation and leading the cross-team efforts necessary to drive improvement
- Implement and initiate the demand sensing and CPFR activities with key customers in WECA covering the different stages of the product life – launch, replenishment and end of life
- Explore methods of optimizing Cost to Serve, ranging from order management practices to expedite costs and across any Supply Chain customer touch point that will drive account-level profitability
- Ensure proactive, data-oriented communication to key partners and customers in region.
- Act as a Global resource rolling out all the key standardized Channel Operations processes across the different regions
Qualification & Experience
- University Degree in Business or Supply Chain and relevant work experience (4+ years)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment embracing changes everyday
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Experience in inventory optimization and demand replenishment planning models
- Multi-country or multi-state management experience
- Ability to think strategically and be detail-oriented at the same time
- High analytical skills with a mindset of making decisions in a timely manner
- Operates with discipline and with a high sense of urgency
- Ability to identify opportunities of improvement and find solutions to address them
- Encourages new ideas, innovation, and risk-taking
- Results Oriented
- Builds diverse collaborative relationships both internally and externally
- Availability to travel (10% ±)
- Good knowledge of the mobile industry
- Intermediate-Advanced Excel Skills
- English Language (Fluent).
Application Closing Date
click HERE to Join internship, job alerts, and scholarship alerts whatsapp group