Finance Assistant Manager at a Major Oil and Gas Company – Adexen Recruitment Agency:
Adexen Recruitment Agency – Our client, a major player in the Oil and Gas sector, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant Manager
Job Reference: 1449
Industry: Energy / Oil & Gas
- Manage and coordinate the finance department in line with the policies of the organization to ensure the vision of the organization is reached.
- Manage cash balances and ensure cash flows are adequate to allow business unit to operate effectively.
- Forecast cash payments and anticipate challenges arising from limited cash flow.
- Maintain relationships with banks and negotiate interest rates on deposits, APGs and bonds for various projects within business units.
- Maintain the accounts system.
- Prepare monthly financial and treasury reports for shareholders/parent companies.
- Work closely with the general manager and project managers to prepare budgets and track profit / loss performance by business unit on consolidated basis.
- Create solutions to new financial challenges by applying financial/treasury knowledge.
- Liaise with other departments and unit heads on a range of issues.
- Manage the annual audit of the business.
- Arrange financial audits and ancillary reviews as required.
- Liaise with legal and tax consultants on all tax matters and audit related issues.
- Complete tax filings and deal with matters relating to the FIRS and IRS of various states.
- Provide advice on financial matters impacting the business unit.
- Supervise the work of junior team members.
- Prepare reports and ensure submissions to relevant government entities.
- Maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over the activities of the finance department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or related field from an accredited university.
- Must be ICAN/ ACCA certified.
- 6 to 8 years Accounting / Finance experience managing the financial accounts of a company.
- Knowledge of projects management /costing – capital budgeting/cash flow/funds flow analysis.
- Knowledge and understanding of bid management, tendering and project costing principles, with analytical and interpretive abilities.
- Knowledge of statutory provision with respect to the tax management & planning.
- Good understanding of oil and gas industry.
- Ability to multitask and manage conflicting deadlines and tight schedules.
- Must be analytical and able to analyse complex information from several points of view and communicate effectively.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online