Job in South Africa| Financial Accountant CA
- Permanent Specialist EE position
- Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
- R450,000 – R530,000 pm cost to company
- Job 2216562
- Posted 16 May 2018 by Top Personnel
About the Position
FUNCTIONAL AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Chartered Accountant
Three years’ experience in a manufacturing environment (preferable, not
- Understanding of IFRS
Thorough knowledge of SA taxation.
RESPONSIBILITIES IN BRIEF
- Preparation of annual financial statements.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Preparation of tax calculation and tax returns.
- Payroll reconciliations to GL and related journals for accruals.
- Treasury – daily cash flow management, approval of all payments, reconciliation
of bank accounts and reporting.
- Fixed assets – Capitalisation of suncaps and project closures, Disposals /
- Depreciation – Group depreciation adjustment.
- Annual fixed asset review and reconciliation of fixed asset register to GL to TB
- Debtors – Detailed review and posting of invoices and receipts, Forex recons and
Accrual for forex recons.
- Standard journals – Monthly standard journal entries and reversing standard
journal entries. Correct allocation of debit balances in creditors & credit balances
in debtors at month end.
- VAT- Preparation of VAT return and related reconciliation to the GL. Submission
of zero VAT 201 on a monthly basis.
- Ad hoc reports and calculations, royalty calculation, payroll related analysis, ie
expenses by category development, Stats SA reporting, MICR review of cycles,
Forex analysis, practical position management alignment with general ledger
- Chartered accountant