IJR Peacebuilding Interventions Internship for Young Africans, 2019
The Institute for Justice and Reconciliation (IJR) is inviting applications for Peacebuilding Interventions Internship for students who are a postgraduate student (or have recently graduated) with a passion to promote fair, democratic and inclusive societies in Africa.
Eligibility: Required Skills:
- Competence in research and analysis;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Computer literate – Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- The ability to work independently with attention to detail;
- Competency in English is necessary while another international language would be an advantage.
- Ability to write proofread or edit articles, op-eds, etc.
- Applicants should be in possession of, or in the process of completing a Masters Degree in Conflict and Peace Studies, Political Studies, Development Studies, Human Rights, Gender & Peacebuilding, or a related discipline.
Internship Open for International Students: Internship is open for young Africans.
Is this paid internship? Yes, this is a paid internship programme.
Internship Description: Are you a postgraduate student (or have recently graduated) with a passion to promote fair, democratic and inclusive societies in Africa? Do you want to develop your peacebuilding, research and analysis skills in a dynamic South African non-profit organization that works in several countries across Africa?
Number of awards offered: Numbers not given
Internship Duration: An initial three months contract will be offered, with the possibility of renewal.
Notification: Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV, a cover letter motivating your application, details of three contactable referees, and an example of a short essay or research paper (maximum of 1000 words) to:
Applications without the relevant documentation will not be considered. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application deadline is December 10, 2018.