There are now more women than men attending college in America. And many companies, foundations, and associations are encouraging this trend by providing scholarships specifically to women, often in fields where they are underrepresented, such as STEM (science, technology, engineering and math…you’ve probably heard of that before).
However, not all college scholarships for women focus on these areas of study. Some are geared toward female high school seniors, single mothers, female golfers, or survivors of extreme life circumstances. Regardless of what you plan to study, if you’re female, it is worth researching scholarships exclusively for women.
Below is a list of some of the most generous and prestigious national scholarships for women.
- Alice T. Schafer Mathematics Prize
- American Association of University Women (AAUW) Scholarships
- American Physical Society (APS) M. Hildred Blewett Fellowships
- Army Women’s Foundation Legacy Scholarship Program
- Brookhaven Women in Science Scholarships
- Educational Foundation for Women in Accounting Scholarships
- Emerge Scholarships
- Gertrude M. Cox Scholarship for Women in Statistics
- GirlFriend Factor Go Girl! Grants