The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Job Title: Business Support Assistant (SCOPE), SSA 4
Ref Id: 83323
- WFP is scaling-up operations in the North East Nigeria. The scale-up includes the registration of 165,000 beneficiaries by the end Q3 2018.
- The support will cover beneficiary registration activities conducted by Cooperating Partners for Cash, E-vouchers, Nutrition and In-kind.
- To deliver standard business support processes for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
Under the supervision of an IT/SCOPE Officer, perform the following:
- Provide first level technical support to Cooperating Partners’ SCOPE operations
- Support the activities of beneficiary registration including configuring and maintaining the devices prior to their deployment.
- Monitor the usage of the equipment from the Cooperating Partners and
- Collect the equipment after the registration is completed as to ensure that no equipment overnights with the registrars
- Provide technical assistance with enumeration activities and card printing.
- Assist with the management of IT asset especially equipment loaned to partners and collect any faulty equipment and ensure there are repaired in a timely manner
- Provide trainings and technical support to retailers.
- Support monthly e-Voucher activities.
- Monitor the activities of beneficiary registration and provide reports and feedbacks on beneficiary management including identified gaps, and challenges in the course of beneficiary registration.
- Implement the processes and procedures of beneficiary data management including biometrics;
- Provide retailer support in the operation of mPOS devices and report challenges faced by retailers
- Identify and report issues faced by beneficiaries in various local markets;
- Participate in meetings with local authorities and Cooperating Partners in the organization and the planning of beneficiary registration activities;
- Collate data and contribute to the preparation of reports on SCOPE related issues and provide information for better decision-making by stakeholders;
- Perform cleaning exercises before uploading to SCOPE platform;
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned by your supervisor;
- Understanding of Hausa or any local language will be an added advantage.
4Ps Core Organizational Capacities
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Education: Completion of secondary school education.
- Experience: Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Planning skills and usage of mobile phone and excellent computer skills in Office and other data analytics related applications.
- Knowledge: Basic Microsoft Word, Excel and usage of Android systems.
- Language: Proficiency (read/ write/ speak) in English and Hausa.
- Desirable: Data analytics and reporting; working in an international, or multicultural environment; and working knowledge of WFP Programmes and projects.
Terms and Conditions
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted at each stage.
- Only Nigerian nationals and holders of valid residence & work permits are eligible to apply.
- Applications should be submitted in English and online only.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2018.
Note: Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply.
click HERE to Join internship, job alerts, and scholarship alerts whatsapp group