Project Planner / Project Controller
Main Purpose of Role:
Reporting to the Head of Project Services, the Project Planner is responsible for creating and maintaining a project planning package, measuring and monitoring project performance against baselines. Identify deviations, making recommendations to recover the plan, enabling appropriate actions to be taken by the Project Management Team.
- Be fully conversant with Primavera P6 with the ability to construct a project WBS and develop an integrated planning package for assigned projects.
- Develop criteria to be used for progress monitoring to satisfy internal and contractual requirements.
- Report against established key performance indicators (earned value, productivity etc) against which the project performance can be monitored and assessed providing variance analysis.
- Fully resource load and cost load the project plans for the intention of providing accurate in period and cumulative data to be submitted by the project manager, internally and externally.
- To produce a critical path analysis and report any variations against baseline.
- Assess, identify and report on the impacts of potential and actual changes to the project, including resources, costs and durations.
- Understanding schedule interfaces and dependencies to produce various key milestones and / or Milestone Definition Sheets to be submitted for acceptance.
- Integrate project schedules, progress measurements and reports from Sub-contractors / Vendors.
- Interact with various groups of design and management to ensure schedule compliance remains and is respected by all parties.
- Prepare periodic reports on the status of the project, and look ahead schedules the next period, using information from the Document Management System, the PMT and the Engineering Disciplines.
- Provide input to the project risk register.
- Troubleshooting, assessment, presentation, recommendations and action follow up related to planning of risks, issues and recovery planning.
- Make recommendations for updates to schedule for recovery programmes.
- Support the Head of Projects to report on the overall resource availability for the Company and maintain an overall, integrated Resource Plan.
- Prepare reports as stipulated by Penspen and/or the client on agreed cut-off dates to assess the project progress, shortfalls, concerns etc.
- Prepare / provide inputs to the development of company and project procedures related to planning & project controls.
- Coordinate and regulate planning and progress meetings.
- Assist on Proposals, Tender bid documents.
- Provide planning direction, training and support to key members of the project team.
- Support project managers at various project meetings.
Knowledge / Experience (Skills):
- High-level computer literacy with MS Office, Primavera P6 and MS Project.
- Competent with understanding NEC 3 contract models (desirable).
- Communication & Interpersonal skills to build relationships with Project Teams.
- Analytical and problem solving skills to support discipline teams in planning issues.
- Ideally an HNC or equivalent with an engineering sector.
- Professional registration with PMP / APMP, etc. is desirable.